Palmetto Place is pleased to announce that this year’s Sweet & Savory fundraiser will be held at EdVenture Children’s Museum on Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 6-9 pm. Local chefs compete for a People’s Choice award for best savory hors d’oeuvres and sweet treat.
**Attire is everything from business attire to cocktail dresses, suits to khakis & polos.
This year’s chefs and restaurants are:
- Vinnie Livoti, BlueCross BlueShield – Mushroom Risotto Cakes & Beef Tenderloin with basil/mint puree and Pistachio Apricot Bites
- Dave Grillo, Cantina 76 - BBQ Pork Tacos topped with Tangy Ancho Chili BBQ, with Mexican Cole Slaw
- Ryan Whittaker, 116 State - Rye, Sage, and Pork Belly Bread Pudding with Seared Duck Breast, and Dark Chocolate, Chili & Cherry Bread Pudding with Ice Cream
- Drip Coffee - Coffee Bar
- Robert Stegall-Smith, Performance Food Group – Seafood & Andouille Gumbo and Bread Pudding
- Whittaker Williams, Chili Gourmet – Gourmet Shrimp & Grits
- Larry Platt, Let’s Cook Culinary Studio -”Dueling Chili”, white bean chili and a spice red bean chili, served in a homemade tortilla shell
- Betheny Pelletier & Bob Burgess, Merchant Foodservice - Redneck Eggs Benedict, and Berry, Berry Ice Cream Parfaits with Dark Chocolate
- Lawrence Wright, Southern FoodService – Warm apple compote, maple cream, smoked bourbon syrup, applewood bacon crumble
- Charlie Young, Young’s Hearing Aid Service, Garden Rotini Pasta with Tomato Basil Pesto Sauce
New this year – celebrity judges! Not only do the guests have a chance to vote for their favorites but our special guest judges will be voting as well: WACH Fox’s Tyler Ryan (and our emcee), food blogger April Blake and The Free Times’ Johnathan Sharpe.
Thanks to DJ Brian “Vac” Vaccio for providing great music for the evening!
Thanks to our major sponsors!
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- Southern FoodService Management
- Southern Reporting
- Ken Bauknight
- Palmetto Health
- D’s Trees
- Gregory Electric
- TD Bank
If you or your company would like to sponsor the event or contribute an auction item, please contact Erin Hall.